Who would like the shortcut for 'Constrained Linear Dimension' to be 'D' and not 'N'?

shorter

Keyboard Short(er) Cuts - Poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who would like the shortcut for 'Dimension' to be 'D'?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2023 at 12:00 AM

Question

9 answers to this question

Of course… I am a reseller and cad manager for vectorworks offices in the U.K. and build many custom workspaces and plug-ins for my clients. Fair to say I am fairly familiar with that option.

I am talking about out of the box for those that don’t know who to edit or em get frustrated that every time a new version comes out they have to start all over again with a new workspace with shortcuts they feel should be more logical and often complain at how illogical short cuts are in vectorworks.

2 for Line? Why not L? Etc etc

Oh and ps we consider it bad practice in larger offices to change pre-existing shortcuts because we have enough to do training staff how to use the software properly in large teams and stop bad habits that re-training them to use new shortcuts causes a huge amount of confusion and is frankly a waste of time, hence we think certain shortcuts should be changed to be more logical out of the box.

we only apply an overlay of short(er) cuts to the existing set.

We do admit though that it would not be easy agreeing which default shortcuts to use!

I would say yes. I think there are lots of things one could change to make it more intuitive, this one included.

Sketchup does a much better job of this but then they have maybe 10% of the tools Vectorworks has?

I've never understood why we need a "constrained linear dimension" and an "unconstrained linear dimension". In my opinion we should just have "unconstrained linear dimension" and hold alt to make it constrained.

Fewer tools please!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, _James said:

I've never understood why we need a "constrained linear dimension" and an "unconstrained linear dimension". In my opinion we should just have "unconstrained linear dimension" and hold alt to make it constrained.

This was discussed recently + I totally agree the two tools should be combined. Can't find the thread now...

• Like 3