Imported pdf and scaling issue

I imported a site survey drawing into an existing project file. In doing so, I scaled the pdf only to realize... too late, that it affected all my design layers and sheets! 

I then went to a back up file and corrupted this one as well.

I have looked in Time machine for a back up file to no success. Apparently, my VW files are not being saved there.

Any help in trying to save me from having to start from scratch will be greatly appreciated!

I'm sure you've run undo already.

Usually when you scale it will scale only the selected object.

In your case the PDF probably wasn't selected and you pressed OK to scale the entire drawing.

If you do the same operation you will see the last used scale factor in the dialogue box. Invert this ( 1/x) and again scale the entire drawing and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

Something very similar here - except

# of backups 3 - I find I only every go back to a backup rarely and then immediately following an issue.

# operations 30

It's important to highlight that's it's good to set the location is set to a custom location like you are showing @Pat Stanford.

This way a single folder in the sidebar etc. will quickly take you there where you can compare most recent backups with most recently saved file. This also makes cleanup much simpler - as well as adding one layer of separation between your working files & the backups in case of disaster 😿

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, bcd said:

This way a single folder in the sidebar etc. will quickly take you there where you can compare most recent backups with most recently saved file. This also makes cleanup much simpler

Yes to this.  I have folders on my desktop for storing backups for a variety of programs and a place to deposit screen shots.

Fridays, I take a quick look at those folders and delete the unneeded before the big weekend backup.

• Like 3

Thanks all for the advice. I transitioned software and hardware at the beginning of the year and did not set back-up files properly (Rookie error). These were invaluable tips for me and hopefully others.

As an added note....when I imported the pdf survey and scaled it, it affected my other design layers as well as all sheet sizes. It was a mess!  I had fortunately sent out dwg files for most of the drawings earlier to consultants and was able to resurrect the project fairly quickly.

Finally, the floor plan design layer showed a portion of the plan at the correct scale and the other at a larger scale....that's when I knew i was in serious trouble!