Sidelight off the floor?

Ramon PG

Question

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

Thanks for the reply. Isn't the window + door a Door Schedule nightmare?

If they are a single combined piece of joinery I guess yes. But when I have done it they have literally (in reality) been a door + window fitted next to each other so it wasn't a problem.

7 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

I don't have Windoor. Is it available in the US?

Yes. Since VW2022. You need to install it. Go to Help menu then Install Partner Products + you will find it there. But I have no idea how combining VW Doors + WinDoor doors in the same file affects scheduling either...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

If they are a single combined piece of joinery I guess yes. But when I have done it they have literally (in reality) been a door + window fitted next to each other so it wasn't a problem.

Yes. Since VW2022. You need to install it. Go to Help menu then Install Partner Products + you will find it there. But I have no idea how combining VW Doors + WinDoor doors in the same file affects scheduling either...

Thanks for the info. I'll do some testing.

18 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

I too stopped worrying about this because I was finding that the window manufacturer's we generally deal with create the windows in this way.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Christiaan said:

I too stopped worrying about this because I was finding that the window manufacturer's we generally deal with create the windows in this way.

True... the vendor usually sends fabrication shop drawings for approval. It's just that I don't want to fight the CG over those extra LF of wallbase he might claim.