Window Insertion in between two walls/wall styles

Hi,

In a renovation project, I need to insert a window between an existing wall and the proposed wall. What is the best way to accomplish this? I should note that I will also need to generate interior and exterior elevations from this model.

Currently, my approach involves creating an extrude with the same width and height as the window, matching the thickness of the wall. Then, I remove the wall portion using the AEC>>wall recess option for both walls and finally insert the window.

However, this process creates a visible line in the model, which looks strange in 3D(attached screenshots below) . To address this issue, I plan to draw a white line on top of it in the 2D elevations to cover it up. Is there a better way to handle this situation?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations.

image.png.526a1a93994a2fe8f79b05a30613cd2a.png

image.thumb.png.402149e331f0eef06d197eceea113602.png

Also, in one of the projects I'm currently working on, there is a curved wall followed by a straight wall. I need to insert a window between these two walls, and I'm encountering the same issue as before. If there is a better solution available, please inform me. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Rishie said:

Currently, my approach involves creating an extrude with the same width and height as the window, matching the thickness of the wall. Then, I remove the wall portion using the AEC>>wall recess option for both walls and finally insert the window.

You can use two Windows set to Opening configuration to make the holes in the Walls instead. This doesn't result in a line in 3D:

Screenshot2023-07-14at06_28_07.thumb.png.42fed74f5612a892ecad0608c768d810.png

But you do get one in Top/Plan...

Screenshot2023-07-14at06_28_16.thumb.png.339ef3b5d3bed947ce173b4525db40d8.png

Not sure if there's another way...