Is there are simple way to have all lines on a layer be one color in the viewport sheet?

I have a project where there is substantia remodeling required.  It would be great to have a simple solution for displaying/printing the layers as different colors, without having to physically assigning colors to each class, etc.

The reason is so that I can overlay the existing and proposed work.  The project is a car dealership I did several years back and now the dealer is mandated to provide updates. I have received dwg files of the dealer changes, but many structural modifications are needed and having on one sheet the existing and proposed work, including furniture, etc. would be a tremendous aide while discussing with the owner.

Yes.

Go to the Sheet Layer viewport and press the Layers button in the Object Information Palette. Select the Layer/s that you want to be all the same color and then in the right-hand column select Use Layer Colors.

You can edit the colors for individual layers by selecting the listed Layer and pressing the Edit button.

If you want to view Layer Colors on a Design Layer, then enable Use Layer Colors from Document Preferences or from the Quick Preferences bar. Layer Colors can be set up for each Design Layer from the Edit Design Layer dialog.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2

In addition, to easily see changes between versions you can set the opacity of each layer to 60% or some such so, for example, coincident objects on a blue colored Layer and a red colored Layer read as purple but otherwise blue or red.

Edited by bcd
  • Like 2