InteriorCad Questions

@Stephan Moenninghoff I have two InteriorCad inquiries pertaining to the screenshot below:

1) I don't believe there is an option in InteriorCad xs to address bypass sliding cabinet doors? I created the two doors by using 'custom parts'.  Is there another way?

2) With the two custom parts doors and the two holes used as 'pulls' in the doors, created with the 'drilling' option......, if I elect to say make the cabinet 12" wider, the custom parts items don't move in concert with the new overall cabinet width. Is there an option to allow for this?

Thanks

-Mr. Greek Salad 🙂 

Screenshot2023-05-28at8_34_11AM.thumb.png.76c4060077fad8d87f26ba4379514924.png

• Like 1

@Blinkglitter Thanks for the reply....I guess Stephan is on holiday 🙂

When you say it is possible using the box object (if in fact it IS available for xs, it will make sliding bypass doors, along with the drilling objects maintaining their aspect ratios as well, when increasing the width of the cabinet??  

You were a bit vague. I could upload the file and let you have a go,  but if you do not have the XS version installed, it would do you no good.

I will investigate this shortly and thanks again for the response 🙂

-Kev

• Like 1

@Kevin K That's OK, Stephan probably gets asked a lot of questions.

I would make the doors as usual inset doors, one inset more than the other. This will give the appearance of sliding doors. You can then have a drilling as a box object that will move in relation to 'box' containing the door if you increase the width or height of the cabinet.

If you upload the file I will make a video showing you how to do it. I have the full version, I haven't tried opening an XS version but can give it a go.

Hope that helps

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

Thanks for that.

What you mentioned works, but, you need to also tweak the 'reveal' on each door to get them to overlap...

Still not understanding your 'box object' comment..

Here is a basic 2022 file if you want to demonstrate 🙂

CAB TEST.vwx

thanks I will have a look and show you

Re tweaking the reveals, you can save the door arrangement as a ‘set’ and call it ‘double sliding doors’ that way you have a template for the future

• Like 2

@Blinkglitter You must be making quite the movie 🙂

Honestly, I am quite intrigued as to how you will convert a 3d drilling object into a 'box' object. I have been studying this situation a bit and no flashing lights have gone off in my brain yet as to facilitating this. You may not need to take the time to make a movie, but just give me an exact explanation, step by step?

Thanks again for taking the time to address this. I await your sage advice 🙂

2 hours ago, Blinkglitter said:

You won't be able to bind it to the door. Tom seems to have saved me the job? Sorry Kevin was at a wedding yesterday and also in the UK so timezones...

Nevertheless it's got to be a good trick to have up your sleeve so thanks for suggesting it @Blinkglitter

Presumably another way to do it would be to have the finger pull drilling as a handle symbol with no handle geometry, as per @Kevin K's post above...? Something else for me to try...

47 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Presumably another way to do it would be to have the finger pull drilling as a handle symbol with no handle geometry, as per @Kevin K's post above...? Something else for me to try...

That's what I meant. Thanks for explaining it better.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, E|FA said:

That's what I meant. Thanks for explaining it better.

@E|FA apologies there are so many interiorcad posts flying back + forth I lost track of which thread was which + didn't put two + two together! All credit to you for the idea: I am going to try it now... Thank you!

• Like 1

Drilling 3D as a handle works great @E|FA for side-hung doors:

Screenshot2023-06-02at20_47_56.thumb.png.2d26e4d828d63f2d187ea5e263969c32.png

Screenshot2023-06-02at20_48_27.thumb.png.35b08286b9489f95c0b33c21995ca3d9.png

Screenshot2023-06-02at20_48_47.thumb.png.0e0acbee9c3784bc41e90f3c5ffbc2f6.png

Screenshot2023-06-02at20_49_08.thumb.png.be0fe73341a9ef1539ee6deb43893c90.png

But I couldn't get it to work for the sliding doors as per the original post because I couldn't get the handles bound to the outer edge of the doors... (which is where they need to be when you resize it). But all good fun...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tom W. said:

But I couldn't get it to work for the sliding doors as per the original post because I couldn't get the handles bound to the outer edge of the doors... (which is where they need to be when you resize it).

@Kevin K has got it to work! So @E|FA's hole-handle method is definitely the way to go!