Strange graphic error in shaded mode

KIT KOLLMEYER

Question

I'm experiencing a strange graphic error when in shaded mode in the attached file. The screen video in this link shows the error happening and shows how it only happens when zoomed in on shaded render mode: https://www.loom.com/share/b8e3cabc806d4221ad359da49bcc0905

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Machine Specs:

Apple M1 Max

32GB memory

macOS 13.3.1

Vectorworks 2023 SP4 (Build 693289) (64-Bit)

Design Suite, Renderworks

523516778_MazamaInnSchemeA.vwx

7 answers to this question

Interesting. I've got no real answers.

It looks a little bit like "Z-fighting," when you have 2 coincident pieces of geometry its not sure which one to show. 

If it is not that. My next random guess would be that the graphics card driver needs updating.

Interestingly, it goes away if you turn off Draw edges in the Shadeed Display options - Actually I see now it is the Crease angle switch.

Not sure what is happening but turning off Crease Angle fixes it for me.

Bart

18 minutes ago, KIT KOLLMEYER said:

Thanks so much Jeff! That did the trick. Out of curiosity, how exactly did you find that object?

My pleasure.  Turn on all classes and design layers, zoom to fit all objects.  Your project became tiny and then it’s just a matter of selecting the object(s) that are far from your model by making a selection window.