resource library items not showing

boxboydesigns

Question

Hi Peeps

I am very new to vectorworks and recently downloaded the resource library files such as playground items , however when i open the files i only see the text overview.. what am i doing wrong ? sorry it's such a newbie question.. i have even tried to open the file directly from the library folder and still the same issue.. could someone please help me =)

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.31.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.30.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.36.26 PM.png

4 answers to this question

BoxBoy

I tend to do this in reverse - as there are Place Holders (VWplaceholder.txt) in some Library Locations, I tend to find a real drawing first in the Finder, then open it - As Pat pointed out - There may be no items visible in the drawing, this Marshall Stack is an exception (Speakers Miscellaneous.vwx) - and the Resources are only evident when viewed in the Resource Manager - There are some that I have opened, then wonder (as you point out...) what should I see. At the top of the Resource Manager, select All Resources from the Drop Down, and this should expose the contents within the drawing.

¿ It would be interesting if one of everything was in the drawing, with named saved views ?

Peter

Drop Down.pdf

• Like 2