Spotlight 3d fixture symbol added label does not rotate

Hello All,

i added 2D labels containing the fixture shape from the 2D components plus a text field to my 3D symbols components, because my client wants to see the same symbol labels in all 3D views as in the fixture count.

I do know about schematic views and use them but this is a different thing 😉

As long as the fixture is hanging this works but when i rotate the fixture on x-axis to make it a floor fixture the 2D labels do not rotate, they do rotate however in z-axis (please see screenshot attached)

I did this before and it worked in VWX2022, even when i export my testfile from VWX2023 to VWX2022 the labels rotate as they should so i assume something has changed in VWX2023.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

As a Bonus, is it possible to have such a label that rotates with the fixture but has the text field in correct orientation

Thank you,

Michael

Bildschirm­foto 2023-04-17 um 10.00.49.png

Bildschirm­foto 2023-04-17 um 10.16.34.png

Edited by mkue
added more info

There's a couple things going on.

1. I opened the drawing in 2022 and did not have the X rotation problem.  Do you have SP5?
  2. To get the label to follow the body:
    1. Edit the 3D part of the symbol.
    2. Enter the group with the label and delete the 3D locus.  It's messing up the tilt of the body. Exit that group
    3. Cut the group.
    4. Enter the group of the fixture body.  You will find another group.  Enter that.
    5. Paste in place.  Exit all the way back out.

There has to be a 3D locus at the pivot axis of the body.  That point has no record format attached.  Every other object in the 3D part needs to have Parts record attached and a checkmark in the field that describes its function.  Putting your label inside the group (and inside the group again) with the record attached and Body checked tells the Instrument Object how to handle it's orientation.

Thank you very much @michaelk this is the solution!

When i look at it now i can´t believe i didn´t try to enter the  fixture body group, i tried to make my own 3D locus instead whysoever.

However, this was never in issue before vwx2023, now i have to go through all my symbols to change that. Obviously something had changed from vwx2022 to vwx2023 do we maybe know what exactly?

Thank you again @michaelk and also the community and @Pat Stanford for asking, really appreciate this!

Here's the fix.

You had the graphics grouped but not with the body. The body had the attached record format, not the group.

To fix it first select the body and in the Data Tab of the OIP remove the Parts record format.

Select the graphics and the body.  Group.

With the group selected attach the Parts record format and check Body.

MK

PS. I moved the graphics to the none class.  Not sure if you meant to have them classed separately.

Test Symbol fixed.vwx

• Like 1