Save Dialogue Screen covers more than 2 screens

waynelocke

Question

This has gone on since upgrading to 2020 Fundamentals in 2020. Any Save dialogue box spans more than both my screens and the Save button is below the screen. I just have to say a "Hail Mary" and hit return to save. This is and has been a major irritant. Is there no fix for this? My software is the latest 2020 update.

3 answers to this question

What operating system are you running. I bet it is a current version of Mac OS.

There was (is) a bug in a recent version of MacOS (Maybe Monterey?? and later) where the save dialog box gets wider ever time you use it.

For a permanent fix the only options are upgrading VW to V2021SP5 or later or downgrading the OS to Mac OS 11 Big Sur which is the last version considered Compatible with VW2020.

This thread has some additional information and a possible work around.

• Like 1

I'm sorry not to have included the OS. I am using the latest version of Mac Ventura but this has always happened since the installation in 2020.

I solved the problem by deleting the file "net.nemetschek.vectorworks.plist" from the library as suggested in a post by by Jeremy Best in January 2022.

Thanks

• Like 1