Having text vertical next to a wall

Eva99

Hi, im having trouble with the text that I want to have on my architecture document.
Im trying to write some text and putting it on a wall vertically in 3D, I am able to get the text to 3D but when I try to move the text or modify - rotate - rotate vertical, the text goes at some angle and is not vertical and Im unable to put it on the wall, can someone give me advice?

Best regards

1 hour ago, Eva99 said:

with the text that I want to have on my architecture document.
Im trying to write some text and putting it on a wall vertically in 3D, I am able to get the text to 3D but when I try to move the text or modify - rotate - rotate vertical, the text goes at some angle and is not vertical and Im unable to put it on the wall, ca

You need to use Modify \ Rotate 3D if you wish to rotate things while in a 3D view.

The other tools in the Modify \ Rotate menu are 2D operations and don't work the way you would expect when viewing in 3D.

It shouldn't matter if the objects you want to move are Text objects or Text converted to geometry via the Text \ Convert Text to Polyline tool.

• Like 1
On 4/8/2023 at 2:11 PM, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

To clarify.  Is the text 3D geometry. (text to polylines and then extrude). Or is it text that you are moving in 3D space.

Hi, i have tried polylines and extrude but i dont get it to work, im trying to move it in 3D space to be on the wall vertical

Hi Eva99,

Can you post the text file and a polygon representing the wall where you want the text.  This has to be something simple that is getting in your way.  I only have 2022.

One tip.  Don't try to move things in a 3D view.  Just asking for headache.  Move things in absolute views.  Unless your wall in on an angle of course.

regards.....

Edited by VIRTUALENVIRONS
25 minutes ago, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

One tip.  Don't try to move things in a 3D view.  Just asking for headache.  Move things in absolute views.  Unless your wall in on an angle of course.

I don't agree with that if you know how to use your working planes and snaps.

Far easier to move things in 3D along multiple axis than to be contained to a single plane.

@Eva99 Here's a video of how it's done.

• Like 4