Undo causing crashing Vectorworks 2023 SP4

Heberling

Question

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro M2 Max, 96 GB - running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1.

Furthermore, I decided to update to VW 2023, SP4 while I was at it.

Now, Vectorworks has always been a little crashy for me but this is something else. Pretty much every 5th time or so I hit undo it crashes at the blink of an eye.

I will reload the project and try the same action and it works. Until about 2 minutes later when it crashes after hitting undo from some other action. This is is extremely annoying and really messing up my workflow as I am starting to hit CMD+S between every single change I make to make sure I don't lose any more work.

This is happening across multiple projects and I have tried doing a repair through VWX updater. Any other suggestions?? 

/Anders

6 answers to this question

This is not a typical behavior. I have not heard of anyone else having crashes at this frequency.

I am going to suggest two steps.

1. Quit VW and either rename or move your use folder. Restart VW. A new clear user folder will be created. See if that stops the crashes.

2. Do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have your serial number handy as you will need it for the install.

HTH

Thanks for your responses. So I did a full re-install. Same problem though. 

I did some more digging and it seems like everything I delete a group of objects and undo that action it crashes. If the objects are not in a group it works fine. Very strange and don't really know why this is happening...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you have a consistently reproducible crash like this please make sure to open a bug report and include the steps to reproduce the problem. This will really help or developers fix the underlying issue.

Thanks