Trouble editing dimensions from a furniture from resource manager

Eva99

Hey, 

I'm having trouble editing the dimensions from e.g. table. 

This table is in recourse manager, inside Vectorworks library and is called "Furn Office Knoll Conf Table Boat 216in"

When I am in 2D mode(top/plan) I am able to modify the size of the table so it fits the floor plan by selecting the table and shrinking it. But when I go to the 3D view (right isometric) the table is still in the original size and is way too big. 

Under object info there is no possibility to adjust the size.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 21.03.23.png

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 21.19.55.png

The table is a hybrid symbol containing a Top component + a 3D component. The geometry in each is independent of the other so need editing separately: in your case you've resized the Top component, now you need to resize the 3D component as well. Note: when you do this you are editing the symbol definition meaning that all instances of that symbol in the drawing + all future instances will be the new size. You'd be better to duplicate the symbol then create a second different-sized version, then you'll have the choice of two sizes.

Another option as @michaelk alludes to is rescaling the symbol instance in the OIP: choose asymmetric scaling + shorten the length of the table on the X axis + width on the Y axis. This is a quicker + easier option + won't affect the symbol definition, however be aware that it will squash/stretch your geometry so might only be doable in smaller amounts or not at all if you need complete accuracy (that's not to say that the asymmetric scaling of symbols isn't an incredibly useful in other circumstances).

• Like 2

I depends on what it's for - if it's for a seating plan, which is my understanding, then it's perfectly fine, flexible, repeatable & fast, while accurately providing overall plan sizes for seat & aisle spacing. If it's needed for furniture manufacture - then of course, it should be accurately modeled.

• Like 1