Door tool...offset gone?

SamIWas

Question

Today I went to offset a door in a wall, to move it an inch off center towards an edge, and the option doesn't appear to be there any more.  There looks to be some new option to alight it to the left, center, or right, but the doesn't do the same thing.  Am I missing something?  How can I offset a door by a specified amount?

Edited by SamIWas

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, SamIWas said:

Today I went to offset a door in a wall, to move it an inch off center towards an edge, and the option doesn't appear to be there any more.  There looks to be some new option to alight it to the left, center, or right, but the doesn't do the same thing.  Am I missing something?  How can I offset a door by a specified amount?

The Offset parameter is still there in the OIP + should be editable if the Door is unstyled. If it is styled, that parameter may be set to By Style in which case it will be greyed-out in the OIP + will need to be edited via the Plug-in Object Style Options, or you can set it to be By Instance in which case it will cease to be greyed-out in the OIP.

Plus as you say, there are now settings to allow you to specify where on the Wall the door will insert + where on the door the insertion will be relative to, which gives you a lot more control over where it will be placed + is a great improvement in my opinion, but you can still set it up the 'old' way if desired + have the centre of the door align with the centre of the wall.

Thanks to those who answered...

@Tom W....I do not see an offset option anywhere in the OIP.  It used to be under the Swing Operation I believe.  I am running 2022 SP3.  Maybe I didn't update at some point and it came back?

@Christiaan I do not know how to get to this Plug-In Object Styles Options.  I will have to have a look.  It is an unstyled door.

6 minutes ago, SamIWas said:

@Tom W....I do not see an offset option anywhere in the OIP.  It used to be under the Swing Operation I believe.  I am running 2022 SP3.  Maybe I didn't update at some point and it came back?

Do you not see it here?:

Untitled.jpg.fddffd94c6c3deb38d2ed9ff64ed0b04.jpg

8 minutes ago, SamIWas said:

I do not know how to get to this Plug-In Object Styles Options

Right-click on the door style in the Resource Manager to open the Plug-in Object Style Options dialog or right-click on the door object in the drawing to open the Plug-in Object Options dialog

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Do you not see it here?:

Untitled.jpg.fddffd94c6c3deb38d2ed9ff64ed0b04.jpg

Right-click on the door style in the Resource Manager to open the Plug-in Object Style Options dialog or right-click on the door object in the drawing to open the Plug-in Object Options dialog

*head smack* Indeed.  There it is.  At the very top.  I searched throughout the entire rest of the OIP, but didn't go above "height" because before there was nothing useful up there before.  Chalk it up to idiocy!

Edited by SamIWas