Fit Walls to Object

Ragnar

Question

Hi!

I have been working around this problem for years and I am sure there is a reasonable explanation and fix to this.

I have a simple wall and a simple roof. Edited with the right components. Then, when I want to "Fit Walls to Objects" I don't get quite the result I was hoping for. I have been trying to alter the "Wall top embedding depth" but it makes it worse.

The result is a gap between the gable wall and roof. When altering the embedding depth the top will look fine but the side vill stick out of the roof.

Skärmavbild 2022-08-17 kl. 07.59.56.png

Skärmavbild 2022-08-17 kl. 08.01.14.png

Skärmavbild 2022-08-17 kl. 08.01.46.png

Skärmavbild 2022-08-17 kl. 08.02.45.png

Skärmavbild 2022-08-17 kl. 08.03.03.png

3 answers to this question

The gable ends you can use the Reshape Tool to pull the Wall control handles up to meet the Roof. I'm not sure why it does this sometimes.

The side walls you need to raise the top offset of the wall so that the right (inside) edge is high enough to overlap the Roof then tell the Roof to clip the Walls. This is controlled in the Roof settings: pick the walls you want to be clipped ('associate' those walls with the roof via the 'Wall Clipping' parameter in the OIP) then edit the roof component/s + in the 'Modification' parameter choose 'Clip Walls'. Assuming this is the look you want in section. Otherwise just use Fit Walls to Objects on the gables + for the side walls just set the top offset so that the left edge of the wall meets the underside of the roof.

• Like 2