Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

40 Great

About lgoodkind

  • Rank

Personal Information

  • Occupation
    Landscape Archtiect
  • Homepage
  • Location
    Santa Barbara USA

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. lgoodkind

    Curved wall

    I have this problem continually with curved hardscapes and walls. setting the openGL quality to very high has no effect. The problem even translates over to lumion.
  2. lgoodkind

    3d poly to 3d loci script?

    Isn't the 3D Polys to 3d Loci command supposed to do this? I've tried but that too fails. see image for error
  3. lgoodkind

    Resource Browser Search bar faulty?

    I too have this problem - searching works periodically then not at all.
  4. lgoodkind

    Plant Labels

    Nope. This didn't work for me.
  5. lgoodkind

    Plant quantity decimal

    Nope. That doesn't work. It looks like while trying to fix something else they broke this. Why on earth would we want decimals in a plant quantity tag? Do they know it is not possible to order fractions of a plant?
  6. lgoodkind

    Plant Tag Bubble

    Why is it that when you add a bubble to the plant tag it does not surround the text we have control of but defaults to the quantity/ID? What is the purpose of the tag bubble if we don't have any control over what goes in it? Am I missing something?
  7. lgoodkind

    Roof boundaries (clipped eaves/ verge)

    Thanks for taking a look - it's odd that apparently this hasn't been noticed yet. I have files in 2018 where this worked so it looks like this was broken in 2019.
  8. lgoodkind

    Wall Seams on elevations

    Thanks Alan - I solved it on all the elevations - one of them was a simple matter of turning off 2d display objects
  9. lgoodkind

    Wall to roof association not working

    Thanks Alan. Though this is what I am trying to do - as shown in the image from the help here http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FRoofs%2FCreating_Roof_Components.htm&rhsearch=creating roof components&rhhlterm=creating roof components&rhsyns= I am not able to accomplish this as shown no matter what I do - to have the core insulation clipped by the walls as in real life. You are showing the insulation going beyond the walls under the eaves - not how we would show it or build it.
  10. lgoodkind

    Wall Seams on elevations

    I've tried the suggestion above without success. Here's the file. Nothing I do removes the seam. Perhaps this is because I have the slab thickness factored in and the exterior finish extended above the top of wall? I have once again resorted to manually drafting elevations and sections because i cannot get any of these tools to work properly. WALL SEAM TEST.vwx
  11. lgoodkind

    Roof boundaries (clipped eaves/ verge)

    Just wondering if the root of this question was ever answered fully. I have found that none of these roof and wall associations work as advertised even in the simplest of cases. Take the attached for instance. I am able to get the roof insulation to clip at the wall only in some places but on the gable ends. No matter what settings are input I get the same results. This is created from a VWorks default wall style with 4 walls and a 'create roof' command. All the components are VWorks default library - I can't draw any other conclusion from this other than it is a tool that simply doesn't work right. ANyone else?
  12. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a roof to properly meet a wall. The image says it all - the gable ends aren't working - the structural/insulation component is different on each pitch when the wall is the same along the entire side. All walls are properly joined. I've sunk hours into this -- I give up. Attached is the file if anyone can figure it out. ROOF TEST.vwx
  13. lgoodkind

    Wall Seams on elevations

    Am I missing something or is there no way to get rid of the seams between wall levels on a hidden line elevation?
  14. lgoodkind

    Framing Member Section Appearance

    really? Here we are in 2019 and this attempt at a usable BIM solution still can't produce basic section details? I continue to be at a loss for words each day with more discoveries like this.
  15. lgoodkind

    KEYNOTES - Bi-directional editing from keynotes worksheet legend

    I recently had to delve into an architectural drawing package and coming from the Landscape Architectural side of things I'm shocked to learn that the notes system completely fails here. Every architect we've ever worked with has included such a CSI format notes system on each sheet. The workaround above, though crafty and doable, is still a hack for something that is at the root of our daily work. That Vectorworks still has not solved this glaring failure is pretty depressing.


7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114


© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.