Creating Partial Plant Schedules - How to Define Criteria?

Hi All,

I have a large project where I have my planting scheme distributed over several drawing sheets. ATM, I have a single plant schedule, but I would like to create partial schedules for each sheet, showing only the plants within the given drawing extent. I can't seem to get my head around how to achieve that.

I tried adding a Record to all Plants and Landscape Areas with the drawing/ area/ phase ID and use it in the schedule criteria definition to filter the plants. Unfortunately, I managed to get it work only for the Plant instances but not for plants within Landscape Areas. 

Any ideas or advice how to achieve what I am describing above would be very helpful.

14 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Actually, I THINK that you can edit the criteria on a plant schedule and use the Sheet Layer as part of the criteria to only get the plants that are showing in viewports on that sheet layer.

I don't use plants enough to have a good file to test.

That is interesting. Definitely sounds sensible. 

@Anders Blomberg, that's crazy! I wouldn't have thought of that. Initially i was trying to use selection, but it didn't work in VW. Drawing a boundary is basically the same, but it is a more permanent and - I imagine - robust approach.

I will give all the ideas above a go. many thanks, gents 🙏

• Like 2