plant list image details

I would like  to create an excel spreadsheet that has a plant list with images - specifically the "plant image form" -  from the plant data base.

all I get is - =IMAGE.

I do not want the graphic symbol for the plant - I want the actual picture of the plant. 

I have spent hours googling and looking in VW help, nothing works.

Can someone confirm that this is not actually possible and perhaps I am just wasting my time? This function is available for Dynascape users.

7 hours ago, Sharon F said:

I would like  to create an excel spreadsheet that has a plant list with images - specifically the "plant image form" -  from the plant data base.

I don't think you are going to be able to do that easily from within Vectorworks to Excel.

The plant's form image resides within the Filemaker database.

You could create a worksheet within Vectorworks and display the image that way, which would be my preferred method.

Several versions ago, Vectorworks was even advertising the capability to add images to plant tags.

@Peter Neufeld has some solid advice in this thread which should show you everything you need to know:

Thanks Jeff - after some searching I found his post, followed his instructions, didn't work, then searched help, went through steps, didn't work. So I imported  his spreadsheet - and Voila! it works! must be a missing link somewhere...  Well at least it partly works. Now I have 50% of the right images to the right plants, the other images - are from other plants.  Yew has a picture of a rose of Sharon, Annabelle hydrangea is a bully and has taken over other plant images. They are correct in the plant data base.

But some work. 🙂 

Edited by Sharon F
  • Like 1
On 4/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Is the name of the image file located in a field in the object info palette? If so I have something that might work.

Yes - it's in Object info -Tag Display - set custom tag - then "select image form" - which corresponds to first image in plant database.

VW 2028 Landmark, forgot to enter that.

Also see my response to Jeff about wrong images attached to plants.