Color palette migration to VW2022 change colors

Silverhawk

Question

Hi everybody, i'm calling from Belgium where i use to speak French and where anybody can give me an help, even our support___

So i look around. I hope my english, I have not practice since a few will be understandable...

Since VW2014 (when i create my own color palette, palette where i pick-up my color for the new classes and ressources configurations) i haven't had this trouble.

To explain briefly, when i do the migration from 2021 to 2022, all the color of my palette are not the same anymore in 2022. It's like they get less shiny :). Anyway RGB code change during migration (botly or manually done) (CMYK not?) and (as expected) i loose the name of the color i give in the past when i go back into the config menu of a class or a ressource (and when my color palette is selected the scrolling view). What i'm not please.

What i'm question about is how could be possible when the text in the .XML file are exactly the same before and after the migration?

I know color couldn't be use as a ressource (excepted, perhaps, if somebody could give me a plug-in to do so?) and this is an expected issue when the RGB code change = the link is lost. But i use to use it like this since 2014 😕 .

The only solution i have right now is to recreate a palette from the "document color palette" of all my library's files and manually redirect all the color configuration (2 times : line and filling) of all my classes et ressources, which mean more than 250 elements... and 500 steps through 5000 clicks...

Am I the only one having this trouble nay using my own color palette, in belgium it's seem to be?

I will be glad if i find a savior...

François.

Post Scriptum :

Printscreen n°2 : State of the color code in VW 2021, already selected when i scroll down the menu. > My RGB definition
Printscreen n°3 : State of the color code in VW 2022, color i had to select manually because not recognized anymore. >> RGB changed but CMYK not?

Printscreen n°5 : State of the color code in VW 2022 after i create a new palette and recover the color from the "document color palette". >>> RGB is the same but CMYK not?

I'am on Catalina 10.15.7 with a freshly APFS formatted SSD. 

Printscreen 2.jpg

Printscreen 3.jpg

Printscreen 5.jpg

3 answers to this question