Hoist Data Display

dbrumbach

Apologies in advance if within my searching through these forums I missed the answer to my issue below:

I am trying to adjust the display size of the text and arrows for a Hoist Label in v2022.

The legacy hoist tool had a "Set Hoist Data Display" button in the IOP, where do I now access this functionality.

Additionally, the legacy menu item "Set Hoist Number and Dimension Display" is no longer available?

I have created a design with over 100 motors with the 2022 hoist tool.

I would prefer not to have to re-do the entire plan using the legacy tool just so I can easily control the way the hoist labels are displayed.

My hope is this functionality is available under a different menu or method?

Thanks in advance.....db

Here is a screen shot showing the display from the Legacy tool on the left, and the current tool on the right.

234330644_Screenshot2022-01-28120204.thumb.png.7b4a05ae3926a0f32a776b26be412f00.png

Edited by dbrumbach
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The hoist label and measurement labels are both controlled by check boxes in the hoist object properties. You can use the text style at the top of the hoist properties to control the font and size.
Another option is to use a data tag

either from the default library or by using the new create data tag style from object command in the tool menu.

Forgive me, since the pandemic began I have not had need of hoist within my designs. The last project I designed with hoists was using v2020 with the old hoist display handles.

I can adjust the new Hoist ID with text style and text size from the main Text menu. However I don't see this for adjusting the coordinate arrows or measurements.

I am new to data tags., is this the only way to adjust the dimension display?

In theory the arrows should scale automatically, after spending a bit of time looking at this and another possibly related issue with a different object, it looks like this is a bug that only seems appear on Mac's (I'm not seeing this issue on Windows). I'll get a but report opened to have it addressed,

In the mean time here's a data tag that will hopefully solve the issue for you, the tag is designed for use in a 1 to 50 scale, so it should work in a 1/4" scale

hoist measurement tag scale 1 to 50.vwx

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 3:08 AM, jcogdell said:

In theory the arrows should scale automatically, after spending a bit of time looking at this and another possibly related issue with a different object, it looks like this is a bug that only seems appear on Mac's (I'm not seeing this issue on Windows). I'll get a but report opened to have it addressed,

In the mean time here's a data tag that will hopefully solve the issue for you, the tag is designed for use in a 1 to 50 scale, so it should work in a 1/4" scale

Can I grab a copy of this please? File no longer available.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:08 AM, jcogdell said:

Jesse, it seems that the data tag displays the coordinates of the intersection of its arrows and not the center of the hoist.  Got a fix?

1 hour ago, Sam Jones said:

Jesse, it seems that the data tag displays the coordinates of the intersection of its arrows and not the center of the hoist.  Got a fix?

Here's how I've got mine working, if that helps. The insertion point of the tag is at the insertion point of the hoist, maybe that's making it work.

image.thumb.png.cfb57d540cc33a8825ece537981da751.png

image.thumb.png.cf5f18b4140e8258b0b384437c97b194.png

Edited by spettitt

In VW2023 there is a new data tag for hoists that replicates the behavior of the coordinate label in the old hoist tool. It is identical with the arrows and will scale properly in the drawing. That tag is located in the Hoist.vwx file in the Entertainment Data Tags folder and is called Hoist Tag-Hoist Label.

17 hours ago, Sam Jones said:

I just tested the tag and it looks like the #BrxHoist#.#OriginX_formated# and #BrxHoist#.#OriginY_formated# tag parameters are not updating correctly whenever the hoist is moved. Currently they are displaying the previous set of hoist coordinates.

This can be fixed in 2 ways,

1. force a refresh of the tag data, either by toggling the hoist measurement label on and off or changing the hoist origin drop-down in the hoists properties
  2. changing the tag criteria to use the unformated versions of the parameters which seem to be working correctly.

I'll open a bug report about it

in the mean time here's an updated tag for 2022 that uses the unformated parameters and is set to display in document units