John,

After you've set the default as Peter describes (with nothing selected), select the Text tool and check the menu to make sure the correct size is marked. You might even double-check the Dimension Tool in the same manner. Assuming they're now showing your desired (10pt) size, Save the document. Go to other sheets/layers in the same document to verify the default has been "accepted".

I remember having this problem back in 10.5.1 where there would sometimes be two defaults saved for the same document. I can't remember it recurring since 11.

Good luck,

I'm noticing that 11.5 is very sensitive to Fonts & Font sizes. Recently, using GWR from an older v11 file, I created a new file which immediately began to crash with Select All >copy&paste. The culprit was a font 'Arial Narrow' with the same name but which was not the same 'Arial Narrow Font' currently installed in my system Font library. Similar issues exist with font size mismatching. I now make it a habit to update all my fonts especially those in the older symbol libraries.

It quite possibly could be that you have the same font located in more than one place in your system. You could try a search through your drive to see if there is a fonts folder in one of the applications or in more than one place amongst the system folders.

- Or it could be the particular font you are using. You could try a basic Times or Arial to see if it behaves the same.

[ 05-10-2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Delmer ]

John,

My system doesn't react like yours. Delmer has a good suggestion and there has been a thread or two in the last several months on this issue. But I notice you've posted about this before, so you've probably been checking.

You might try:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=004716

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000232

What version VW are you running? If your last upgrade was downloaded (rather than installed from the CD) it's possible you got an incomplete install. It might pay to uninstall and then reinstall the application. If you're on a Mac, I'd try trashing the VW preferences first. . .and if that didn't help, then do the fresh install.

Good luck,

[ 05-11-2005, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]

I can't seem to get my text size to stay at 10 points. Everytime I'm going from one dwg to the next the text size changes. Everytime I use dimnsion or text I have to set the text size to 10. This is adding a lot of time and frustration to my work day. I would be happier if the text was stuck at 10 and the only way to change it would be to do it manualy. Am I missing something? Is this a bug to be fixed?

John T