hopefully not a dumb question version 11

jnr

So now that the common layer does not script with a document setup (a-la V10), how does one get information that has to appear on each sheet in the same place (i.e. title block, copyright notice, etc.)? Copying the same thing (be it text or symbol) 41 times for a 41 sheet set is not an option.

Ideas?

Jonathan:

Because I would have to manage 41 instances of the symbol and not one symbol on one layer (the old way). This is also a case of old dog-new tricks. If I can script a common layer at document setup and not have to manual add a common layer to each sheet, I could live with that. thanks

jnr,

If your title block is like mine, you have both static (company logo, address, etc.) and variable information (project name, sheet title, etc.).

You must be placing something on each sheet that shows the variable information (which is probably a symbol or PIO that's in turn connected to the Issue Manager). Jonathan's point is simply to expand whatever you're placing 41 times to include the static information. Draw it once, store it as a symbol that contains both the static and variable info, and then place it like you're probably already doing. It's really only one symbol to manage--Issue Manager takes care of the variable details for you.

Good luck,