Stair with a step in landing (v12 Stair tool)?

Christiaan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from your previous post it sounds like you're trying to mash two individaul stair configurations together. As mentioned above by Mike, the configuration you're showing in the image is a 'Double Platform-U' that can be found in the VW12 Stair settings and can be created in a single step (no pun intended).

[ 03-10-2006, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Runtime Error ]

• 5 months later...

Yes, I have 14 different stair configuration options in my dialog including "Double Platform-U". It's surprising to me how different VW versions are in different countries if that's what's going on here, and I'm in the US w/ 12.01. In this case it's not even a metric/imperial or language issue.

I think where the difference is occurring is between the choices in the pop-up which you get when you first select the stair tool in a session, and the Types button in the Settings dialog box:

- In a first use in a session I get the option to choose between 29 different stair forms in the pop-up allowing you to select an initial type. (Not sure why you only get to choose in the first use in a session.)

- After placing a stair in the drawing if you call up the stair Settings in the OIP there is a button labelled Types which only has 9 types of stair to choose between. (As shown in the image in Christiaan's third post above.) The reduced 9 options is also what you get if you click on the Stair Preferences button after you have selected the Stair Tool.

It would be better if all default options where available when you choose the Stair Preferences or Types button in the Settings dialog box.

The 29 choices in the first use comes from the Defaults stair files in the Stairs folder in the Library Defaults folder. In my installation 14 of these are Imperial stairs and 15 are metric stairs.

Edited by mike m oz