Is this really the performance one could expect?

MartinBlomberg

Question

Honestly, is this what one can expect from VW? Please have a look at the video attached. 

LINK TO VIDEO:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vCbW8r4R4SMqHK5d8

I'm doing a seating plan for the arena I'm working at. And the file isn't too complex yet, size around 50mb.

I've also shot the Task manager as well, so you can stats while I'm cliking about. I'm not doing to much stuff here as you can see, but still really slow.

Please let me know why occure and if there's some kind of fix to it.

Many Thanks!

INFO:

VW 2020, SP5, 64-bit

Windows 10 Pro

CPU: Intel i7 9700 3,00GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Proxy object?  Make a really simple version of the symbol with the same insertion point. Replace all of the detailed symbols with the simple one. When you need to do the final renders replace them all back with the detailed version?

Or possibly even put the simple version into the original symbol, but separate the simple and detailed by using different Classes. Turn off the detail class when you don't need it.

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

Proxy object?  Make a really simple version of the symbol with the same insertion point. Replace all of the detailed symbols with the simple one. When you need to do the final renders replace them all back with the detailed version?

Or possibly even put the simple version into the original symbol, but separate the simple and detailed by using different Classes. Turn off the detail class when you don't need it.

Or, if you don't need certain objects to display while working, class them and turn the class off until you need to see them.