Hello Community!

This Saturday, May 30, from 9am – 12pm EDT we will be performing maintenance on the Vectorworks Community Board. During this time, the site will be unavailable.

vassen

Site Modelling

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to use site modelling.

Maximum elevation : 63460

Minimum Elevation : 58500

I was able to model my site but when i reference my Building on the document, the terrain appear on top and my building under it.

i have created a PAD then created Creating Grade Limits Automatically.

See attached what happen to my modelling

Thanks for your guide.

Site modelling.png

Hi 

Yo should adjust the Elevation in the Layer settings. Either move the layers of your building to the real z value or move the Sitemodel to minus real z value for your ground floor.

• Like 1

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your help.

Attached is how it look like after adjusting the layer Z value.

Is there a way to reduce the earth part (brown part) in the site model?

Site modelling2.png

If it is only for visual purposes one thing you could try is to change the elevation of the layer holding the site model to e.g. 50000 and adjust the min/max heights accordingly (i.e. lower them with 50000) while keeping the elevation for the building layer etc. the same. Then the earth brown part should be smaller. Just make the adjustment you need to be able to do certain operations without getting below that layer level.

I don't remember for sure if VW2020 volume calculation will take the layer elevation into account when calculating cut/fill volumes etc. as I usually take the full DTM for such operations so haven't really tried if it would still work properly in such a case. In theory it should as long as any operation doesn't go below the "new bottom level".

Edited by Art V
  • Like 1

@Art V Hi Art V thanks for your help.

After i adjust what you say i came up with as attached

when keep rendering on Projected there is the green part which remain

but if i choose Existing rendering the light green part goes away but Grade Limits Automatically appear in red

Site modelling3.png

Site modelling4.png

2 hours ago, vassen said:

but if i choose Existing rendering the light green part goes away but Grade Limits Automatically appear in red

What happens if you set the layer level a bit lower than the suggested 50000 and adjust the minimum elevation accordingly, i.e. just below the level of the grade limits?

The earth brown part will then be a bit higher but the grade limit may not show anymore.

Another option could be to create a cropped viewport that excludes the grade limit.

• Like 1

Try going to Site Model Settings in the OIP.  In the 3d Display dialog uncheck Show Skirt.

@bc Thanks... Just showing the skirt is a bit wired. i am adjusting the minimum elevation like Art V says.
Thanks again @bc