Jump to content
  • 0
vassen

Slope wall or incline wall

Question

Hello everyone, has anyone in the grope create slope/incline wall?

I wanted to create mansard roof by using incline wall don't know if its gonna work out.

 

Mansade roof is easily been created using Extrude along path as shown in the attachement.

In the Mansarde i have to do Dormers so i think the Extrude along path will not work as i am no able to cut in the roof.

Thats why i wanted to try with Slope/incline wall to see if it possible to create this roof

 

Thanks for your help.

Mansarde.png

Edited by vassen

Share this post


Link to post

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
23 hours ago, vassen said:

In the Mansarde i have to do Dormers so i think the Extrude along path will not work as i am no able to cut in the roof.

What you could try is to create the rectangles representing the bottom and top of the vertically sloped part of the roof, do a loft and then a shell solid to create the hollow space. Then you get a solid in which you can cut openings and also have the open space inside.


The same could be done for the cover part of the roof if needed (as I don't have VW Architect I don't know what the roof options are in there).

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
28 minutes ago, Art V said:

What you could try is to create the rectangles representing the bottom and top of the vertically sloped part of the roof, do a loft and then a shell solid to create the hollow space. Then you get a solid in which you can cut openings and also have the open space inside.


The same could be done for the cover part of the roof if needed (as I don't have VW Architect I don't know what the roof options are in there).

Thanks for your help. I have find a way of doing it with extrusion.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Glad you have found a solution. Just a thought for you - perhaps you could have used Roof Faces instead of a full roof to create the various elements of the Mansard. Then, with 3D symbols for the windows, you can insert them into the Roof Face and create the dormers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, Tamsin Slatter said:

Glad you have found a solution. Just a thought for you - perhaps you could have used Roof Faces instead of a full roof to create the various elements of the Mansard. Then, with 3D symbols for the windows, you can insert them into the Roof Face and create the dormers.

 

Thanks Tamsin, will check Roof Faces as i have other project which involve Mansarde Roof. If it work will post the result hear.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...