luxinterior

.vwx File Exporting Nothing to Cinema 4D

Question

Hi,

I've opened a .vwx file in VW 2018 that was converted down from VW 2019. I have an active layer selected and visibility turned on for all items in that layer and those items are selected, but when I attempt to export any items (even on any layers), nothing appears in my Cinema 4D workspace when I open the exported .c4d file.

I've tried the two different ways of exporting/sending from File menu, as well as exporting as FBX. The most I can get to ever import is a null in 4D w/default lights and a camera, but there is still nothing I can interact with in 4D.

Screenshots of both software workspaces included: link: https://imgur.com/a/cTtHhHN.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

What are these Objects ?

2D Planes only or do they have no Fill Color applied ?

You're going to need fill on those objects for them to show up in Cinema. 

I always use Export to Cinema4d (3d only) and then I merge that file into a clean cinema scene. I find if I just open it, I get too many culling issues.

Make sure geometry is checked in both the export and import dialogues.