Drawing Centre

this should happen automatically, no matter what the scale of the layers. make sure your titleblocks are at the right scale- if they are put on a larger scaled layer than the master layer scale, they will appear larger and not fit on the page size. hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply Jim. The prob. is the title block is 1:1 and most of all the sheets are say, 1:25 or 1:50 & I have moved the centre of the drawing "off centre" if you will, to the centre of the usable drawing area. I now find it difficult to align this centre with all other layers with different scales. I could use the move page tool, but I find this tool is better left unused.

I have now experienced the problem Jim Smith has.

The drawing was fine until I had to change the paper size for reprinting. After defining the first page I decided to use Sheet Layer Setup to define all the others. These are the problems I experienced:

- Sheets are all over the place and no longer centred.

- The DPI for all sheets reverted to 72 DPI

- The Drawing Border will no longer resize automatically to the page size

- Some of the ViewPort text and leaders from the Design Layers has been duplicated in Viewport Annotations and placed slightly offset to the original text in the Design Layers.

All in all an unmitigated disaster!

[ 03-15-2005, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

There may be an 'automatic' way around alignment issues but I haven't discovered it. The best I can do is work within the system(s) of page scale, layer scale and sheet views. However, there's one little trick that really helps. I place 2D loci in critical places as a way of verification and realignment. It works splendly.

i haven't experienced this problem, even with using sheet layers and viewports, but i understand the mess it could make. moving the view with the view tool is tricky, and i am always careful NOT to save after i ever use it. there is a tool free from vectorbits.com for making the drawing center around a rectangle. it might help you all out. i still don't understand how the view could have changed once you change the paper size- doesn't vw always default around the center of the file @ 0,0?