markdd

Cloth Shader - What's the deal?

Question

I haven't used the cloth shader hardly at all, but thought I would dive in yesterday for a project. 

With custom renderworks, it seems that Anti-Aliasing is the only option that will control quality. However all results are unusable apart from when the setting is set to Very High. Is that the only setting the cloth shader can be usefully used at? With Anti aliasing set to Very High, render times are going to be very long indeed. Is there another way?

image.thumb.png.a3c648deecd8b3a7e28c79f75efca85a.png

Edited by markdd

3 answers to this question

This is what I found with the cloth shader as well. This, along with a few other values like blur quality, are too strongly tied to the overall AA setting and need to give the user more direct control. For instance, some rendering applications let you set the AA value for different effects independently, which may be a good solution. I'll check and make sure I filed a formal request (I came across this kind of this before the summit during prep) for it.

Hello markdd can you attach the VWX file for this so we can look?  Thanks for the feedback.