Raked Hanging Position Truss

Well... Raked truss continues to be a "knee pain".

If someone can answer the previous questions, I still can't make a viewport perpendicular to a raked truss.
This makes me inaccurate final technical drawings.

In addition, I am having difficulty adding new fixtures to my truss as you can see in the video below.

Any tips?
I didn't want to have to build the whole truss project again, there are 27 raked trusses!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2/10/2024 at 12:38 PM, Cristiano Alves said:

If someone can answer the previous questions,

Hi Cristiano,
Sorry, there are a lot of previous questions in this thread. Please copy/paste the question.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:38 PM, Cristiano Alves said:

I am having difficulty adding new fixtures to my truss as you can see in the video below.

Any tips?

Can you share a copy of the file so we can try what you are doing?

• Like 1
On 2/12/2024 at 1:29 PM, Scott C. Parker said:

Hi Cristiano,
Sorry, there are a lot of previous questions in this thread. Please copy/paste the question.

On 2/12/2024 at 1:29 PM, Scott C. Parker said:

Can you share a copy of the file so we can try what you are doing?

Sure
I can find the project on the attached file.

New Question:

In the 2023 version, whenever I tilted a truss, I could still see its geometry...

Right now, I assembled a truss, converted it into a hanging position as usual, and rotated it to become vertical. The issue is that in the TOP/Plan view, I don't see any truss. What am I doing wrong, or what has changed from 2023 to 2024?

You can find this issue on the project on the attached file too
image.png.03c01abc0e39b9eacedf9a2ebbc4b9bb.png

image.png.a63026f04a55e4fa5c1bc431c78513c0.png

Vectorworks Forum, Add Fixtures Raked Truss.vwx Vectorworks Forum, Vertical truss dont have geometry.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Cristiano Alves said:

The issue is that in the TOP/Plan view, I don't see any truss.

@Cristiano Alves Double click on the hanging position, select all the truss inside the hanging position, add a check to the Draw 3D only check box. You should be good to go in Top/Plan view.

2024-02-15_15-02-51.jpg

For the raked truss, Schematic views is what you're looking for. Schematic views are a deep rabbit hole to explore and have some specific workflows for building the hanging position. Select the FloorR2 truss in your file and then select the Create Schematic View from the Spotlight/Visualization menu. Choose the Top view in the dialog and check the rigging objects option. You can easily double-check the result by snapping a dimension. Your original is 8921mm in top view, foreshortened due to the angle. The schematic view is 9000mm as measured flat.

2024-02-15_15-16-59.jpg

• Like 1