Ride

VW2019 crashes when trying to adjust renderworks texture

Question

I get a consistent crash of VW 2019 Architect SP1.1 when I try to adjust the attribute mapping of a RW texture.  I'm just trying to change the wood grain direction on anything will likely cause a crash.  For sure if I hit the 'X' key at anytime to cancel out the operation.

On top of that, and this may just be me as I'm new to RW, but sometimes I can get the grain direction to adjust on different faces independently, and sometimes I can't.  I don't know why. I've attached a file.  I just want the grain to run horizontally on the top of the bench, as well as around the sides and ends.  I can't get it to show that way.  Plus it crashes everytime I try anyway. 

corridor 701 bench details for VW.vwx

6 answers to this question

Can't replicate the issue. But changing the attribute mapping to auto-align plane seems to work nicely. 

image.pngimage.png

That worked!  Thanks.  Plus, I didn't even have to adjust it after making the change so it didn't crash.  

The Attribute Mapping tool is incredibly crash-happy and always has been (in regards to textures). I habitually save every time right before I use it.

Ok, good to know.  I recently upgraded from 2016 with no render works, so there's a lot of new stuff to learn.

Posted (edited)

This problem has arisen again.  Wrong grain direction, and I can't seem to adjust it.  The front face of this wall should have a vertical grain to match the sides, but no matter what I do, it stays horizontal.  Why?  

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 13.35.50.png

Edited by Ride