Jeff B

VW 2019 Crash when attempting to "Replace" Symbol?

PVA - Jim

This issue can normally be resolved by going to Resource Manager > Gear > Refresh Libraries, then restarting Vectorworks. This should no longer occur after 2019 SP1.

Message added by PVA - Jim

Question

Anyone else having this issue?  Just installed VW2019 last night and twice now, when I go to use the "Replace" command in the OIP - to replace one symbol with another - program freezes and I have to Force Quit.  

Edited by Jeff B

5 answers to this question

Holy mackerel.  Yep.  I get the spinning beachball, and it's game over.  Oops, actually, didn't have to Force Quit.  After a minute or two, the "Replace" dialogue box closes and Vectorworks is back, but with no replacement realized and, further, selected objects don't show in the OIP.  Closing and reopening the file resolves objects not showing in the OIP.

But it gets weirder - after reopening the file and trying "Replace" again, it still took a couple of minutes, but then I was able to successfully select a replacement symbol and carry on with no (apparent) further issues...  

Sporadic, inconsistent bugs are my favorite... *sigh*.

This issue can normally be resolved by going to Resource Manager > Gear > Refresh Libraries, then restarting Vectorworks, then it should never happen again. This will no longer occur after 2019 SP1.

• Like 2

I'm having the same issue. I have service pac2. On Vectorworks 2019. Refreshing Libraries didn't seem to work. Any other suggestions? 

I have a similar issue sp2 on vw2019,  VW will go into a spin when a SINGLE INSTANCE of a symbol is selected, or if I place a symbol.  If I select 2 or more symbols there is no issue.  Spinning beachball for 2-3 minutes then works it out, but it is extremely frustrating.