Sign in to follow this  
Ethan R.

Quick View Change Palette

Hey All,

Trying to bash out some 3-D stuff with VWorks and am going crazy having to go to VIEW>FRONT, VIEW>RIGHT, etc ... to change the view.

Is it possible to have a quick menu or script palette to do that.

Thanks?

E

yes all you need to do is hit 2 (must be on the numeric keypad though) and its front view ..... 4 & 6 for left and right ..... 8 for rear ..... and 7, 9, 1 and 3 for Isometric views

If you go the "Window" menu in Vectorworks, scroll down to "Script Palettes" and then select "Saved Sheets" the program will display a list of your saved views. You can then click on any saved view and the display will adjust accordingly.

i also use a laptop and mine has the numeric keypad as a modifier key (fn) with letter keys. it takes two hands, but it's still quicker than the std. views menu.

I had the same frustration; and the laptop I used to work with didn't have the numeric keypad. I went into my workspaces and added the views menu to my right-click options. Works great. Sorry if you have the one-button mouse blues.