Class selection issue in the navigation palette

scottmoore

Question

I occasionally run into an issue in the Navigation palette regarding the opening of a parent directory (clicking to open a 'twirly' button).  More often than not, I am near the middle of the window when selecting classes and I would expect that clicking not the twirly button would simply open the child classes beneath it in place.  Typically, this is what happens, however, I quite often find that opening a twirly button will then adjust the window positioning so that the parent class in questions moves to the bottom of the window.  I then have to scroll down to even view the classes I just revealed as they are below the extents of the window.  It happens enough that I often think that is just the way VW works currently.  I just checked it on a current file and it seems to work "correctly" as expected.  Is anyone else seeing this?  It has been occurring since at least 2016 and possibly 2015.  

If this has already been posted, I apologize.  Thanks

4 answers to this question

Thought I'd bump this and ask if this will be fixed for 2018?

If I select edit a class and then exit that dialog, the classes list jumps all around indisciminantly.

Big distraction and pain if one is moving their way down the list.

This happens in other Workspaces and with or without heirarchical preferenced but I did notice it doesn't seem to do it when I am selecting a class "inside" a specific heirarchy.

Edited by bc