vwx improved, me too

Bit of boosterism here.

I'm revising a vwx file from 2006 describing a complex hardscape.  Project was successfully built and now needs updates. I'm starting with original vwx file converted seamlessly to v2017. In reviewing and revising, I am reminded that in the 10 years since that drawing was originally created, the Vectorworks product has improved massively!  My use of the software has improved dramatically, too.  Sooo . . .

•Thanks and kudos to the Vectorworks teams for all the good work in every version (despite any intervening whines)!

•And many thanks to denizens of this forum for patience, encouragement, education, discussion and help in many ways with questions, issues, and general vwx practice.  I'm still a klutz with limited knowledge of the software, but through this forum, my klutziness is reduced and my limits are expanded.  Bravo to all!

-B

• Like 1

I 100% agree.

And the biggest step ever done between releases was the last 2017 update.

Despite bringing some small new glitches and imperfections, which I think need another 1-2 SPs,

the current feature level makes it a very interesting and useful piece of software.

And the Forum is a wonderful source of knowledge and help.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

•And many thanks to denizens of this forum for patience, encouragement, education, discussion and help in many ways with questions, issues, and general vwx practice.  I'm still a klutz with limited knowledge of the software, but through this forum, my klutziness is reduced and my limits are expanded.  Bravo to all!

19 minutes ago, zoomer said:

I agree with both of these.  Any question I ask on this forum, I almost always get someone trying to help, even if it takes multiple posts to do so.  And in the case of my question about Vectorscript Custom Dialogs, it opened up a whole new level of possibilities that I've been wanting to learn for years.  Also, this forum has active participation from the developer, and they seem to actively look at troubleshooting and bug submissions.  You can't beat that.

Contrast this to the forum for another piece of software I use where I have been told on many occasions that I need to not ask questions, but rather go and learn.   IN fact, the answer to one question on how to best accomplish a complex scripting action, I was told "Think about what you want to do, and then go figure out how to do it".  Not very helpful at all.  And the developer does not seem to respond to anything on the forum.

When I arrived on this forum it was a different beast altogether. I despaired of some of the answers or rather non-answers I was given. Of course there is no requirement for anyone to answer but nowadays the difference is like night and day. So its certainly not just the software that has developed. Adding Jim on here has been one of the best improvements that has been made in the last 5-years, that and the new forum of course.