Why do sheet numbers HAVE to be unique?

Sometimes we have to produce different sets for different people.  Our construction set and our filing set will be different.  Each will have an A-100.  But right now - you are not allowed to have 2 A-100s.  This internal check can be useful - but also can get in the way - especially if you use auto-coordination.  

• Like 1

Hi, We tend to save the file as a record set and then rename as Construction Set and continue on as it will be added to as variations occur.

Have found with Marionette that everything has to have a unique name because the program uses this name to reference may things.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Yeah.  I always save a record set - but I liked keeping the filling sheets in the construction set so that when we had to file amendments, we would not have to copy the current design over into the filing set - just add some bubbles - but that was before I wanted to use auto-coordination - and now I do not think its going to work.

On 1/13/2017 at 1:33 PM, Tom Klaber said:

Sometimes we have to produce different sets for different people.  Our construction set and our filing set will be different.  Each will have an A-100.  But right now - you are not allowed to have 2 A-100s.  This internal check can be useful - but also can get in the way - especially if you use auto-coordination.  

Unfortunately its the unique name thing. VW would be far better if it used unique ID numbers behind the scenes for things like Drawing Names, Sheet Names etc.. There are often times when you want these items to have duplicate names. I think this has been wish listed in the past.

KM

• Like 1

I agree VW could be far more helpful in many ways when it comes to drawing numbering and set organization. I mean if we didn't have to have unique numbers it would also make re-ordering a drawing set significantly easier as you could just re-number a drawing where it needs to go then renumber the rest to fill the gap.

• Like 1