Rishie

division is not working in vectorworks worksheet

Question

Hello guys,

I tried to calculate average area in worksheet where i need to divide cell B2 by cell C2,

I used (=B2/C2) in cell D2 which is in my database but the result is not as expected, its not actually dividing its just showing the values in Column B.

whereas addition and subtraction is working fine but not divide and multiplication. 

Does anyone have a solution for it,

attached my file below kindly refer it.2016-12-28.png

worksheet div.vwx

Edited by RJR

7 answers to this question

I just spent about 30 minutes playing with this and it definitely appears broken. Multiplication and division in database cells are not working correctly. 

I even created a new test file in VW2017 SP2 after a restart. I am seeing the same type of issues.

I recommend that you file a bug report.

I don't have a work around. Sorry.

It works if you divide by an actual number, but not if you use Count or a cell reference to Count.

Strange.

mk

I can't get it to work even with actual numbers in a Database. In spreadsheet cells it seems to be fine.

I tried to get it to work with a script that reads the area and also counts the total number of spaces with the same name as the object in the row.  Can't get the criteria to work.

mk

Thank you pat and michaelk..

How to submit report to vectorworks regarding this issue???

Moving to issues, but near the bottom of the forum there is a "Bug Submit" link under the Support section that you can use if you like. Either way we will get it logged.

VB-138548

Just got a message back from the Bug I submitted on this. :-(

This appears to be working as designed. 

The provided file, which has a database row with the criteria, =DATABASE((T=RECT)), has a summarize operator applied to a single column, A. Columns other than A display the sum of each columns subrows. If an additional summarize operator is added to another column, that column will also be summarized to show a single value rather than the sum of the values.

Removing all summarize operators shows that the specified database row cell formulas then work as expected.

The forum user is expecting that the displayed summarized values will be used in calculation with non-summarized values, which is not the case. This behavior, using summarized values, cannot be changed.

Online help documentation:
http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2016/eng/VW2016_Guide/Worksheets/Database_Row_Sort_and_Summary_Functions.htm#XREF_81806_Database_Row_Sort

So If you add additional SUM icons to the other columns you might be able to get closer to what you want.