NEW INTERIOR WALL ELEVATIONS

Been having a go with this new feature

so created 4 interior wall elevations no problem

but in the sheet layer the numbers and letters disappear when i render in hidden line with dashed hidden line for my  background render settings

however, if i turn of the ceiling class and re-render they appear

is this a normal thing to happen

i have to say this is a great new feature to get true elevations

PLAN ON LAYER.jpg

PLAN ON SHEET LAYER WITH CEILING CLASS TURNED OF.jpg

PLAN ON SHEET LAYER.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Phil,

The problem is due to the Interior Elevation markers being located at the design layer's Z-height of zero (on the floor) and the ceiling is above. If you put the viewport in a Top Plan view, the problem goes away, but rendering the viewport in hidden line in a 3D Top view places the ceiling over top the markers and hides them.

thanks matt just out of interest it only fails to render the numerals but does render the arrows when the ceiling class is turned on.... i guess i just need just need to remember to render the plan viewport

with nothing above it otherwise this will fail the render

i did out of interest try and move the marker up above the ceiling height but that wouldn't work as i guess it needs to be at zero to perform the wall elevations

thanks matt just out of interest it only fails to render the numerals but does render the arrows when the ceiling class is turned on.... i guess i just need just need to remember to render the plan viewport

with nothing above it otherwise this will fail the render

i did out of interest try and move the marker up above the ceiling height but that wouldn't work as i guess it needs to be at zero to perform the wall elevations

i really find the new elevation good

so this is another question i created a section viewport on a design layer and not the viewport layer

it shows as a heading under the section viewport  7-test

however it does not show the updated section on the plan which is on the viewport but it does show on the design layer

is it still better to do all the section viewports on a viewports layer

test section.jpg

test section1.jpg

Hi Phil,

You can create the section viewport from the design layer or the sheet layer and have the section line show where you like. In the case of creating a section viewport from a design layer, the section line will show (by default) on the design layer you placed it. You can control where the section lines show by selecting the section viewport and clicking on the "Section Line Instances" button at the bottom of the Obj Info palette. The dialog will allow you to select any design layers and viewports you'd like them to display.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

Hi Phil,

You can create the section viewport from the design layer or the sheet layer and have the section line show where you like. In the case of creating a section viewport from a design layer, the section line will show (by default) on the design layer you placed it. You can control where the section lines show by selecting the section viewport and clicking on the "Section Line Instances" button at the bottom of the Obj Info palette. The dialog will allow you to select any design layers and viewports you'd like them to display.

Does this work with the interior elevation tool as well?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

The drawing numbers cannot be moved separately from the marker. You might be able to get rid of them by creating your own custom marker symbol by placing it in a VW file in the 'Interior Elevation Marker' folder located in the Library/Defaults folder within your VW user folder. I have not experimented with this but it might be worth a shot. Probably the easiest way to approach this is to copy the VW file (in the same location within the VW application folder) to the user folder location and modify it.