Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Copy network to Diff Design layer scales

AlanW

12 hours ago, MarissaF said:

Alan, if you move the nodes that you copied over, do they change size? 

Like the ones that seem small with long wires...

Thanks in advance! 

See files. Copied the network out of wrapper and pasted it. the scale appears to go directly to 1:1, Then copied this to new 1:1 file and pasted. see result.
Thanks

Network_copied_out_of_object_and_pasted.vwx

Network copied over to 1-1.vwx

I think this is absolutely standard-behavior.

A new feature of Marionette Nodes in 2017 is, they have a page based size. If you copy/paste to a layer with different scale the nodes changing their size. But the position of the nodes is still the same. So you have to scale your network after that action. I think, that's the standard-behavior of page-based elements.

Changing layer-scale seems, to auto-correct the node position. Can't be better than that. 

@Alan: For your example, you could scale your network by 0.01 with the "Scale Objects ..." Menu command.

Edited by DomC

Ok, I like the way it was in VW2016 better. At least it was predictable. I thought maybe putting the network into a page based symbol might be a solution. It completely blows apart and I have multiple size nodes.... how is that even possible? Actually I think its related to one node, the yellow one, having been edited and disconnected from the reference node system. There's a bug here somewhere....

KM

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 9.47.20 AM.png

Aside from the multiple sizes of nodes issue, it looks like the wires are not being scaled along with the network nodes.

Perhaps it's  because the wires have a World-based scale, whereas the Nodes now have a Page-based scale.

I don't know if it possible, but it seems that the wires should also have Page-based scale.

• Marionette Maven

The behavior you are all seeing is not intended, to my knowledge. 

I'll have to do some testing, but nodes should never get seperated/look different when you change your layer scale. The nodes/network should stay the same relative to your page scale. 

Copy/paste is a case I didnt test during development. If you come across any other situations where the networks look different than before the layer scale was changed please let me know. 

• 4 weeks later...