Proudlight

3d label legend

How do I modify the layout of the new 3d part in label legend manager?

I have been messing around with it for a while now and cannot find any way to change the how the info is displayed in 3d, it only shows up in rows underneith eachother with no way to change how they are displayed.

/Bjorn Stolt 

• Like 1

I've been trying to work this out too. I think the short answer is you don't. You can alter the order the items are listed by dragging the list order up and down in the label legend manager.

Does anybody know any different?

You can format the text of a 3D Label in the Edit Layout section of the Label Legend Manager(see attached). In the Edit Fields section of the Label Legend Manager, you enable "Use 2D Containers", which allows you to change the formatting of the text in the Edit Layout, to the right of the 2D text. Unfortunately, you are not able to rearrange the text yet. Disabling the "Use 2D Containers" will only give you the formatting choices you see in the 3D Text Formatting part of Edit Fields, and it applies to all of the text.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 7.09.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 7.25.22 AM.png

Edited by barnes2000
  • Like 3

OK, hoping for an update that gives the possibilty to rearrange and reposition the default position soon!

Have a plot with around 240 units now where the label gets positioned center by default which covers the middle line of text, but it still works a lot faster than to redraw it in 2d just for the adress plot.. :)

Could always add an empty field of info in center as a workaround, or reposition all labels.......

/Bjorn 

Have you investigated the "Assign 3d Legend Position" in the contextual menu? This helps reposition labels, particularly if there are a lot that need to move.

Mark

• Like 1

Right click on the symbol and look to the bottom of the menu that appears.  That should help.

• Like 1

In addition to what Brandon commented about the Stacking Order in the Edit Fields section of the Label Legend Manager, you can also alter the Vertical Alignment of the text to nudge it up or down.

• Like 1

Does anybody know for a fact in which render modes 3D labels are displayed? I'm looking for something that not shaded polygon but that looks alike... I've tried some pencil renderworks and it will not work

I have used final quality render works and it works..

Is "display planar objects" selected in the viewport options?