Phil hunt

Vectorworks 2017

17 hours ago, TBR said:

Hi Zoomer,

I check that and the file is a 2016 installer

i have send a mail to designexpress and i will call them tomorrow

thnx

Edward

Yesterday it was showing the US Installer for 2017 for windows even though the banner was not updated, so in theory it should work. I just checked and it looks like the system is suffering from overload.

27 minutes ago, Art V said:

Yesterday it was showing the US Installer for 2017 for windows even though the banner was not updated, so in theory it should work. I just checked and it looks like the system is suffering from overload.

The download on the Dutch vss site was to early placed.That is what my distributor (designexpress) told me.I must wait til 30 september than I can download the windows and Mac version.

I guess you have the Dutch version of VW? The US version should be available around the same time as in the US allowing for 1 or 2 days delay due to time zone differences and putting serial numbers into the VSS account etc.

Chiming in with another "thank you" to the NM/VW team(s) for VW2017.  I haven't installed 2017 yet, I think I'll wait for SP1 to drop first, but I can see enough from the new-features list and from the videos. Fantastic series of upgrades and improvements. As a landscape-oriented person I particularly look forward to the improved Plant tools and drainage tools.

This is my 3rd or 4th year on Service Select.  VW2016 was a worthy upgrade but a little heavy on the "bells and whistles" enterprise-oriented stuff, VW2017 is the first release where I, as a small-time 1-person shop feel fully on-board with the Service Select program. I no longer feel like I'm being pressured to pay annually for a "one time purchase" product license (or else suffer the long-term upgrade cost consequences.) I now see VSS as a reasonable arrangement that helps NM/VW assess my level of committment to VW as a multi-year / multi-decade platform which needs ongoing and cost-intensive development to stay useful & competitive. (And in some areas to outperform or simply outclass the competition.)

The new forums look great too by the way, thanks very much JimW and all.

Edited by Gilbert Osmond
  • Like 1

On a related but separate note, a question about restructuring of VW license costs now that Renderworks is included for ALL users:

Are those of us who were paying for RW licenses separately in past years going to see any cost reductions? I.e. I assume RW license fees will now be eliminated as a line-item and we will just pay a single fee for our chosen package (Architect, Spotlight, Designer, etc.) -- will our fees for those base packages stay the same (resulting in an effectively lower total cost because there's no RW license fee,)  -- or will the price for the base packages now increase to match whatever the Architect + RW, Designer + RW, Spotlight + RW, etc. fees were in past years?

Not sure if I'm being clear here, phrased differently, I'm concerned / hoping that whatever cost changes may come are fair to people who formerly paid a lot extra for RW, now that everybody is getting it included at no additional cost.

Edited by Gilbert Osmond
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gilbert Osmond said:

On a related but separate note, a question about restructuring of VW license costs now that Renderworks is included for ALL users:

Are those of us who were paying for RW licenses separately in past years going to see any cost reductions? I.e. I assume RW license fees will now be eliminated as a line-item and we will just pay a single fee for our chosen package (Architect, Spotlight, Designer, etc.) -- will our fees for those base packages stay the same (resulting in an effectively lower total cost because there's no RW license fee,)  -- or will the price for the base packages now increase to match whatever the Architect + RW, Designer + RW, Spotlight + RW, etc. fees were in past years?

Not sure if I'm being clear here, phrased differently, I'm concerned / hoping that whatever cost changes may come are fair to people who formerly paid a lot extra for RW, now that everybody is getting it included at no additional cost.

For this you will have to speak directly to your sales rep. Since pricing differs by region/distributor and since this is an internationally visible site I can not discuss anything related to pricing here. Apologies.

On 16. September 2016 at 6:46 PM, Gilbert Osmond said:

I agree. Do we all have to talk to sales individually or is there any official information?

On 9/14/2016 at 9:59 AM, JimW said:

Attached is a complete list of the tasks that went into Vectorworks 2017. (I'm using an attachment because it would be an insanely long forum post.) If you have any questions about any of the specific tasks, give me the name or Id and I can explain them in full!

vwtasks_22 (2).xlsx

This link is down Jim. Can you repost it please?

Edited by bcd

5 hours ago, Thomas Wagensommerer said:

I agree. Do we all have to talk to sales individually or is there any official information?

There is official information, but it varies per distributor since their pricing structures weren't all the same before or after the change, so nothing can be accurately posted here.

Maybe a list of eMail Adresses for different countries ?

I don't now where to go to.
Currently I don't get answers from the german Forum as they may be quite busy with releasing their localized version of VW.
I didn't find anything in electronic form so far. Maybe I have to look for the real paper contracts somewhere.
My Select Service Site doesn't help either.