Phil hunt

Vectorworks 2017

Just checked my VSS account after Tom's post, it is showing in the downloads but no Mac/Windows selection option so downloading is not yet possible. :(

Give it a bit, they're getting everything rolling. But keep an eye on it because it should not be long now.

I get an 'Insufficient Privileges' when I click on 'What's new in Vectorworks' - but seeing the new Slab Drainage tool makes up for it.

Edited by rDesign

1 minute ago, JimW said:

The Service Select portal is currently getting some final pokes and prods, if you hit any issues with it, please let me know. But otherwiiiiiiiiiise:

Renderworks for Everyone INDEED!

tumblr_n47d7f7uFv1rt5pgzo1_400.gif

Glad to see you are happy. So this is why the VSS portal was a bit slow earlier today. Does this mean you can now start disclosing the new features?

In the meantime while in VSS portal ......  F5, F5, F5 :D

1 minute ago, rDesign said:

I get an 'Insufficient Privileges' when I click on 'What's new in Vectorworks' - but seeing a Slab Drainage tool makes up for it.

I think people are really going to like Slab Drainage. It is pretty extensive and a lot of the intent was to solve our limitations regarding flat roofs!

6 minutes ago, Art V said:

Just checked my VSS account after Tom's post, it is showing in the downloads but no Mac/Windows selection option so downloading is not yet possible. :(

This is just a guess, but you may want to try some other browsers. Many times our UI issues on the Service Select portal are browser specific. I don't know this for sure but it is worth trying since a few others have gotten it working already.

6 minutes ago, rDesign said:

I get an 'Insufficient Privileges' when I click on 'What's new in Vectorworks' - but seeing the new Slab Drainage tool makes up for it.

@rDesignOne of the managers says they have specifically fixed your account issue (they're WATCHING US!) and you should try again now.

3 minutes ago, JimW said:

This is just a guess, but you may want to try some other browsers. Many times our UI issues on the Service Select portal are browser specific. I don't know this for sure but it is worth trying since a few others have gotten it working already.

Unfortunately a different browser does not help, I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge (all most recent versions) and no Mac/Windows selection button to see for downloads. Even disabled Ghostery in Chrome.

4 minutes ago, Art V said:

Unfortunately a different browser does not help, I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge (all most recent versions) and no Mac/Windows selection button to see for downloads. Even disabled Ghostery in Chrome.

PMed you.

OK, I was a little irritated by the 2016 banner,
but it looks like it downloads a newer release :)

Does RW for change anything to the Select Service Contracts in the future of those
who once bought it and had a higher fee ?

1 minute ago, zoomer said:

Does RW for change anything to the Select Service Contracts in the future of those

You will have to check with whomever your sales rep is for that. Not deflecting, I genuinely just do not know how that structure has changed, if at all.

Just in case (I'm about to drive home but I'll be back on later) for any Service Select subscribers reading this, make sure to click the OS you're using, then whether you want the SN now or not now, then you can click Download:

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 5.36.12 PM.png

3 minutes ago, zoomer said:

If the VSS fee does not change for anyone (with or without Renderworks) perhaps you could negotiate an "upgrade" to designer instead to compensate for the "freebie" that the rest may be getting, otoh it could also be likely that for those not yet having Renderworks the VSS rate might go up a bit. I guess, as Jim said, it will depend on the local distributor.

• Like 1

A yes, no hurry.
Currently there are more important things to look at.
I think I'm unavailable for the next 3 days from now on ...

Education users are bottom of the pile so whilst we wait another few days I am hoping for a list of updates

thanks

So many fun things - so many questions.

Renderworks for everybody!  Is this built on the new R16 engine?  I am assuming not as there is no mention to any other rendering upgrades besides C4D texture import (which is awesome).

I'm really looking forward to using the Door and Window Styles, Slab Drainage Tool, Interior Elevations, and Cinema 4d textures (just to name a few of the new features).

Congratulations Team Vectorworks! Go get some well-deserved rest.

Edited by rDesign

20 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

So many fun things - so many questions.

Renderworks for everybody!  Is this built on the new R16 engine?  I am assuming not as there is no mention to any other rendering upgrades besides C4D texture import (which is awesome).

Actually it was R16..C4D import and Export

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JuanP said:

Actually it was R16..C4D import and Export

C4D Texture import really is awesome! Can't wait to start kicking the tires.

So good to see that in the VSS page.. so we can disclose all features now?

Start brushing up your Renderworks skills with these video tutorials from our YouTube Channel. Modeling and rendering expert Stephan Mönninghoff demonstrates the capabilities of Vectorworks software for creating photorealistic illustrations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Interesting that there's not a single mention of Marionette in the brochure......

KM

Don't you fret! I have something queued up for the morning. 

• Like 2