Changing colour of door

Hi,

I'm a bit stuck with changing the colour of the door. I've made a new class called 'front door' and i've gone into the door settings and organised all the appropriate settings into my new 'front door' class. Then when I go to edit my 'front door' class, nothing changes. I've gone into my organisation palette and it shows that the front door is the colour I want, which is a light beige, however, the door still remains a dark brown.

Also when I go to my render tab in the OIP and select a texture, only the door frame changes. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've been experimenting with everything I can find but haven't had any luck.

Many thanks!

Lois

Edited by lolo66
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Post that door in a file on its own here and I can take a look.

Common things to check:

1) Make sure "Use at Creation" is checked in the Class Attributes of each class you are using for attribute control.

2) Try changing ALL the Classes for the door to one of the classes you gave that color to and see if it changes. Just changing the color of the doors overall class will not change the color unless the subclasses are all using the doors main class.

Thank you for your reply. I'm struggling to work out how to connect the custom leaf door from the RB to the drawing. So i've drawn my walls and inserted the doors using the door tool in the tool sets palette. Then when I drag a custom leaf door from from RB into my drawing, it is just a door with no frame or hardware. But it seems the only way to change the colour of the door is to insert the door from the RB. Whereas I want an editable door that I can change the colour of too. Does that make any sense? Thank you for your help!

Hi lolo66,

A couple of things.

1st it would appear one cannot change the leaf colour that is native to the pluggin such as a solid, glass or panel door. I've never tried that before because I always use a custom door.

2nd So lets use a custom door instead. In the pic I've attached you'll see that you need to select the 'Settings' button on the OIP and in the dialogue box that comes up you need to select 'leaf' from the menu on the left. In the middle you'll see a selection box with four options in it. The last selection is 'Custom' Upon selecting the custom leaf it accesses the 3D doors available in the Custom Leaf Folder in the VW library. The leaf you've selected will show up in your resource browser in the project you are working on. Now you can right click on the symbol and select 3D components and modify colours, textures and the like.

I've also included a link to a youtube video that shows how to make your own door leaves.

Hope this all helps.

Cheers