Zoom out tool

My standard View Navigation is by Scroll Wheel only,

set to "zoom about cursor" setting, for all Apps.

Means that Zoom by Wheel does also Pan, by zooming in/out from suitable cursor positions.

Only in crowded scenes, at the limit of the GPU, is where I use real Pan or Fit View commands.

That is where I get annoyed that there is no standard behavior or same short cuts for all Apps.

Ultimately I wish all navigation was through the mouse using simple keyboard modifiers (Command, Option, Control, Shift) and that all of it was customizable so I could make it match other Apps. It should not be 3-button mouse dependent.

The biggest weakness with VW navigation is that its tool based (except two inconvenient boomerang modes) so you can't easily pan/zoom/orbit while another tool is active without a lot of counter-intuitive actions (or a 3 button mouse).

Kevin

In the beginning, the beauty of Mac/Minicad, was that it let people work the way they wanted. Industry standard was still somebody's next great idea. But I'm out of that original era. I applaud the adaptation of tools to the particular needs of the mechanic/artist.

I think it's great that some people think scroll wheels are the bee's knees. One of my best architect friends thinks nothing could be better.

I haven't used a mouse in 25 years. I'm on my 4th or 5th Wacom. I draw very accurately and very fast. I'm fine if others do not use or like Wacoms.

All I'm asking is for double click zoom out to work inside groups like it used to.

Donald

(or a 3 button mouse)

MMB is no serious mouse button for current mice*.

So View Rotation, or Fly Over called in VW, for me is still much easier

in other Apps that use a real mouse button like LMB+Short Cut.

I think I would like to use my Magic Mouse in 3D too.

MMB is nearly impossible with my Logitech scroll wheel,

Microsoft has nice mice but dropped OS X driver support long ago,

Mad Catz drivers stopped working with 10.11. I think they try but still

have no driver released (I look out for one ever 3 days) and I am not

confident they ever will.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In the beginning, the beauty of Mac/Minicad, was that it let people work the way they wanted.

This is the key here. Things like user inout devices are a super personal choice and there are too many immeasurable factors to take into account to even try to push one as "best"

I was able to replicate the issue inside groups but it was intermittent, submitting it as a bug now, it should of course work in groups like it does outside them. I should have been clearer in a my original question, I was mostly asking just to check which of the couple zoom tools/commands you had mapped.