Eye Dropper Crashes

I'm also getting a very odd issue with the Curtain Wall tool. The Wall tells me it is in the Wall-Exterior Class. This class is visible but when I return to the Sheet View, the Walls are not visible. Even turning on all classes from the IOP doesn't give me my walls. If I then navigate to the Design Layer, and turn all classes on I get the the walls back. I've looked at the Classes for the CW tool but for all I can see the Visibility is set to "CLASS". What am I missing?

Check the settings for the viewport in the Organization dialog box (Command-Shift O in the standard workspaces).

Click the Visibilites button at the upper right.

Select the Viewports pane and then your viewport in the left column.

Check the center column and make sure all of the proper classes are set to be visible in the viewport.

Check the right column and make sure all of the proper layers are set to be visible in the viewport.

Classes and Layers that are created AFTER the viewport is created are often set to be invisible in existing viewports. You can change this option, but often this step gets skipped. Or you only want the new layer/class to show in a single or few viewports but not all.

Thanks Pat, but these basic steps are not the issue and no, no new classes were created.

To correct the issue, as I noted, in the Design Layer I turned on all Classes. (The only four invisible BTW were those turned off for Area Calculations.) The "OLD" Viewport's visibility set in the OIP was set to show ALL CLASSES Visible (i.e. all the Classes were turned on in the OIP). The new Viewport's visibility was identical - but the Curtain Wall showed up in the new Viewport.

Upon editing the New Viewport, the Area Classes were turned off & the walls stay visible in the Viewport.

The issues is as if there is some baked-in-hidden-CLASS in the Curtain Wall somewhat similar to the wacky "Sills" Class for Doors.

Edited by Jim Smith

So this is getting curiouser & curiouser. If I have several Symbols and 2D objects (all 2D objects) created in Layer Plane, and they all have the Class NONE some vanish as soon as the Symbol is created.

Some were groups & some were originally symbols, (not the ones vanishing BTW) and I have converted everything to very basic geometry & this is still happening.

This is in the Design Layer & and ALL CLASSES are turned on. Seriously weird.

In the dialog box for New Class creation (and I assume the layer dialog box also), there are pull downs for Saved View Visibility for New Class(es) and Viewport Visibility for New Class(es).

By default these are set to Invisible. After you change them they are sticky and should keep the last setting used.

Set to Visible or Grey and the new class will show up in all the saved views or viewports.

I think what barkfest is asking Pat is:

"OK, I missed this boat when I created the Class. How does one then alter the CLASS so it is Universally Visible (or invisible as the case may be)?"

I've not found a way to do this.

So rather than edit 24 viewports for example; I create a new Class, make the Visibility what I want, then delete the the first Class and VW will ask if I want to delete the items in this Class or move them to another Class. I choose Move to the new Class created.

If there is a way to alter the Default Class Visibility once set, it would be good to know.

Interesting workaround!

To do that more efficiently, right click the class in the Navigation Palette and choose Visibilities (or go into the Organization Dialogue Box, Classes tab, and click the Visibilities radio button in the upper righthand corner). The class you're altering is selected in the lefthand column, then in the Viewports & Saved Views columns, hold down Alt (PC) or Option (Mac) and click in the desired visibility column to make the selected class appear or not appear in all the Saved Views & Viewports.

Hope this helps!

Thanks AEB, (Nice logo BTW)

Three issues:

1- This should be something one may amend the same way one amends any Class option like attributes. - looks like a wish list item

2- While one can go the route you advise one either has to know what Viewport to amend or the Sheet to amend & this isn't a universal fix. (We don't name Vports just leave them with a number BTW)

3- Given the CREATE CLASS has Invisible as a default, but the programme "remembers" the last choice it is easy to get FUBARED