Machine Components OIP

I think Alan is speaking of the things that used to be know as the Machine Design version of VW. These have been brought forward into Designer. They show up in the MEP, Fastener and Machine Component Tool Sets and in the Machine Design submenu of the AEC menu in the Designer workspace.

I use some of them occasionally.

Hi, Yea it was really a general enquiry and as I am an architect I use mainly most of the other stuff but the items in this palette are so specific and so carefully done, I wondered who actually uses then in their profession to document something.

If anyone does I would be interested in seeing some of the work.

I could understand where many of these could be used in engines etc, so just interested.

I understand the Spotlight and Landmark versions but these seem an Tool Set without a home.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

OH, Fun, Alan!

I like the browns and golds color palette, too.

In the Vectorworks App folder look in the Goodies and Samples folders. These files with cams and springs and chains and such, some animated, have been in every version I have used. I think the animations were originally created by Ishmael, an employee from mcd days. Maybe he's still there.

So you meant the Machine Components Tool Set (not OIP). Strange it's not identified as a help topic. I view my tool sets as icons only, so never knew the real name. I always think of it as Machine Parts.

I'm nominating the search terms in wish list.

-B