Circuit Name and Circuit Number to Circuit ID?

Hi Gang,

I have an odd request from our staff. They tend to use Circuit Number to enter A1 for instance rather than writing Circuit name as A and circuit number as 1 as this can get tricky when laying out the label legend if they go in double digits. Is there a way of permanently changing the fields within spotlight to remove one of those fields and renaming the remaining to circuit ID?

Yep.

Take a look at File > Document Settings > Spotlight Preferences… > Lighting Device Tab > Lighting Device Parameters…

You can pick which fields to show in the OIP, their order, and you can change their names!

Makes you wonder why only Spotlight gets this cool feature…

mk

That's Amazing, tell you the truth, I thought it was a silly question deserving of a silly answer. Thanks a million! This will help us heaps! Legend!

A quick follow up question on this, if I was to do this on my machine and I wanted each of the 5 seats in the company to have the same options, which file would this information be stored in so I can share it around?

Edited by Haydenovative
Hi Gang,

I have an odd request from our staff. They tend to use Circuit Number to enter A1 for instance rather than writing Circuit name as A and circuit number as 1 as this can get tricky when laying out the label legend if they go in double digits. Is there a way of permanently changing the fields within spotlight to remove one of those fields and renaming the remaining to circuit ID?

Keep in mind that you can also add your own fields using the methods outlined in previous comments. This way, you don't necessarily have to delete the standard ones, if you want to be able to stay compatible with others. You can hide those or move them to the end out of the way.

I also have a "Circuit Full" field which is a combination of circuit name and circuit number. For me, it's solely so that stuff centers in label legends. But, I still use the regular fields to keep standard. I just run a script periodically which updates the "Circuit Full" field.

You can also set the font justification in your label legend manager. I use name and number (i like the organization I gain in LW), and I have Name right justified and Number Left Justified. then I center them both, and no matter what the spacing between them is correct. Yes sometimes Centering of both of them is off, but since I use the same basic naming for all plots, I have the centering fixed per label legend.

You can also set the font justification in your label legend manager. I use name and number (i like the organization I gain in LW), and I have Name right justified and Number Left Justified. then I center them both, and no matter what the spacing between them is correct. Yes sometimes Centering of both of them is off, but since I use the same basic naming for all plots, I have the centering fixed per label legend.

I used to do what you do with the right and left justification. But another reason I use the single field is so I can have a "-" between the name and number. So that the circuit reads "2A-4" instead of "2A 4".

I've also used containers to add this for universe and address.