Truss Rotation ?

I am new to VW. I have created my top plan view. Now I go to front view and I need to put in the Legs to my truss. I try to rotate in that view and I get the error: "This operation on works on hybrid objects in plan view." Try to rotate in 3d view and get it just rotates as if it is top view. All I am trying to do is make it go vertical. I am sure it is something simple i am missing to check off. This is on 2010 by the way.

Speedy

Cool thanks for the info. Now the question i have for you is; I grabbed this truss from the library. That option of hanging angle is not there just in case i missed something. So after i create this as a straight truss and make the size match and everything. Is it already a lighting position object?

Speedy

Cool, I grouped them still grayed out. but with the extra tip from klinzey going to top view it allowed me to create light positions. Now I have learned from your video tutorial. What is the significance to creating light position for the truss and not just create the plot and place lights on them?

Thanks for your help by the way.

I was trying to figure out how to attach it to this post. but i don't think i have done it correctly. I don't have the attach option anymore on this screen

Trying to attach again. not sure but it opens up a new window, i browse, i add file then it takes me to like the main forum page. I come back to this window and I don't see my file here. Is there something I am missing?

Edited by speedyg

It's really silly

Click "Choose File" and browse.

Click in the list to select the file.

Click "Add File". Wait a few seconds until it loads.

Repeat to add another file if desired.

Then click "Done Adding Files".

Then click "Submit"

Usually wait a few seconds until the forum screen loads and returns to your post.

-B

This is exactly as how it happens.

Click file manager

Click browse

browse to file

click add file

it does its connect to this site thing working.

then that extra little screen turns into the forums main page

I goto my post there or come back to this window and nothing is added.

total files: 0

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What kind of file are you attempting to attach and how large is it? If it isn't an allowed format or is too large, you wont be able to post it.

You can however always post a public Google Drive or Dropbox link if you like.

Edited by JimW

Ok. Wierd ? for you. When I created this stage in the dropbox link above and I goto my front view the plane is like 8' up instead of the floor being at 0. How do i adjust the plane height to 0 in front view? I hope i am asking this question so that you might understand it?

Or basically where did i make the mistake on creating the stage. because i put in the 3' for height. but I thought that was from 0. Then i was going to do what your video says and then make it a -3' so that everything on the stage builds from 0.

Thanks for the tips

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you! This rotation theory worked GREAT for me!

Now--I have this odd Bounding Box that is the same 'footprint' of the truss in the HZ position. And it is double-width! (?) Basically looking like there's another placed just to the left of the vertical truss.

Is this because I:

1) Stacked two (2) 10' sticks...

2) Grouped them...

3) Converted to Lighting Position?

It's just irritation.

THX!

BTW: I'm tracing over an AutoCAD import/conversion--if that makes a difference.