Fix the Polygon Tool Paint Bucket Mode

Kevin McAllister

Question

As the layer plane / screen plane mess has been implemented the functionality of the Paint Bucket mode of the Polygon Tool has become less and less functional. Please fix this.

Examples -

- it no longer works properly when editing within an extrude. It won't use lines as the boundaries to a fill area, only already closed polygons/polylines.

- similar problem in various 3d views. I often draw lines as boundaries and it seems to ignore them most of the time now.

It should be smart enough to fill any area that I can see on the screen, even if its bounded by both 2D and 3D edges.

Kevin

4 answers to this question

After upgrading from VW 2012 where the Paint Bucket Tool in 2D worked quite well

I work on some really large landscape designs with lots of fills

I only used VW 2013 for a month but it seemed to work ok

In VW 2014 I think it has depreciated

Just doing 70 plus townhouses right now and sometimes it works and sometimes it just does not

It should be smart enough to fill any area that I can see on the screen, even if its bounded by both 2D and 3D edges.

Absolutely! (and should be autobound by them in all situations as well!)

Paint bucket mode in all it's variations is a very powerful tool and extremely versatile, if it works in every thinkable situation, at the moment it doesn't........

Eg it doesn't in a hidden line sketch rendered SLVP annotation, only in the hidden line render why?

In other cad sofware it is possible to customize paintbuck mode sensitivity, tolerance, smoothing etc this would also be a welcome addition in VWs.

Edited by Vincent C