Vincent C

Fillet Walls

For those of you (even) less enlightened than me, the Fillet tool works on walls, cool!

(on the other hand the Chamfer tool doesn't....well what a logical surprise!?)

What genius at NV came up with that one? something like this?:

"You know what would be cool, if the Fillet tool could fillet walls!"

"Yeah, that would be great, get down to it straight away, need that for the next release."

"Shall I fix the Chamfer tool as well?"

"No, don't bother, you need to keep on working on the adjustments to Parasolids/64 bit/Bug submits/Stairs/Windows/Doors/VPs, oh and 3D hatches!"

Edited by Vincent C

Thanks for pointing that out, Vincent C. I've got project with a glass block partition, which uses a rounded corner piece - the Fillet worked nicely. I noticed it uses the inside radius from the input value, and creates a round wall in the fillet location.

In the absence of not having a Chamfer tool for walls, the simple solution would be to manually draw an angled wall, and either Join (command-J) or use the Wall Join tool.

it?s an old trick that has been in Vectorworks for a long time, but you can easily forget that it's there. If you have an older version of Vectorworks, you should try that fillet tool on walls.

Ha, I just submitted a bug regarding filleting walls when you are in a rotated view...

Also gives bugs when filleting non 90degree walls.... Works if you select from right to left but the other way around it fails.

The fillet tool seems to convert wall object into fillet. Is there a way to keep it as a wall type? We use wall components to compute area in worksheet.

image.thumb.png.0c68e1da6585e115e8f3893927ec0659.png

image.png

Instead of filleting walls, use the menu command AEC > Fit Walls to Objects

Draw an extruded polyline or something to define the shape you want.  Put it in a dummy layer and fit the walls to those objects.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, michaelk said:

Instead of filleting walls, use the menu command AEC > Fit Walls to Objects

Draw an extruded polyline or something to define the shape you want.  Put it in a dummy layer and fit the walls to those objects.

Another old and useful trick